support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Mary Benton returns to KPRC feeling 100%

KPRC 2 reporter Mary Benton is back on the job after surgery

Mary Benton
Mary Benton
It was last January that KPRC 2's Mary Benton revealed to me about her health conditions and the planned surgery that would take her off channel 2's airwaves for awhile.

At that point, due to complications that caused anemia, Benton had been dealing with blood transfusions, infusions, medications and countless doctors appointments.

The good news is that Benton is healthy and back reporting for KPRC 2.

"I was out longer than planned because I had a second unexpected procedure," Benton told mikemcguff.com. "I'm now feeling 100%. Houston is so blessed to have the Texas Medical Center and experienced doctors. I'm grateful to mine at Baylor, Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion for Women. I even had a procedure at St. Luke's Hospital and my doctor was the very talented and respected Dr. Wayne Franklin, My colleague Rachel McNeil's husband."

Benton returned to duty right in time for the Texas City oil spill and then the big Montrose apartment fire.

"A crazy, busy week and I'm thrilled to be back reporting," Benton told me.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here