support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Media out in force at Rodeo Houston



I had a great time on Rodeo Houston's 2014 opening day Tuesday. Here are some of the highlights.

It all started with the media celebrity goat milking contest. Before the event started, I cowboy upped and lassoed media folks for interviews. They did not appreciate my attempts to brand them with my blog's URL however.

)

I didn't win, but I didn't lose either. Not bad for my first attempt. Maggie Flecknoe of CW 39 KIAH took this one home. She was able to overcome perennial winners like Outlaw Dave and Sunny 99.1 KODA's Dana Tyson.

Afterwards, I stumbled across the Cox broadcasting mobile studio nestled in between Reliant Stadium and Center. I was impressed. 93Q KKBQ was going live, taking phone calls, interacting with the rodeo crowd and hitting social media all at the same time.


Ford was nice enough to get my wife and me inside it's Reliant Stadium suite to watch the rodeo and Brad Paisley. Ahead of time I checked out its new series of King Ranch F150, F350 and Expedition vehicles. The brand new F150 King Ranch design will hit dealers by the end of the year. For you techies out there, check out the USB, SD and line-in slots I found in the King Ranch Expedition!


Look who I saw inside Reliant Stadium...is it Brad Paisley or The High Tech Texan?



See you out there more this week!


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here