support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

KHOU 11's Courtney Zubowski joins the I-Team

The KHOU I-Team is adding a new reporter to its ranks and station management didn't have to go far to find her.

Current KHOU reporter Courtney Zubowski will step into the new slot a KHOU publicity representative has confirmed to me.

"I'm looking forward to this new opportunity," Zubowski told mikemcguff.com. "KHOU has some of the best talent around and I'm proud to be part of the team."

Zubowski joined KHOU 11 in January of 2008. She came from another Belo station, KTVK in Phoenix. Before that she anchored and reported at KFDM in Beaumont. She graduated from the University of Southern California's Annenberg School of Communication and Houston's Bellaire High School.

I'm personally excited about Zubowski's promotion. Why? I think I might have mentioned before that Zubowski and I were in the same elementary class together!

The KHOU I-Team has gone through some changes over the last few years. We saw the unit add a bunch of reporters in 2010 (the unit's members were eventually dropped down to the original number). Then the award winning Mark Greenblatt left for ABC News to be replaced with Scott Noll ‏from WREG Memphis.

RELATED
- PICS: KTRK 13's Miya Shay & Gene Wu's engagement party
- Houston media members dress up as toys


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here