support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sam Malone says 700 KSEV let him go; The MACK Show moves in



UPDATE:
There is a new Facebook page made for The MACK Show with Richard Mack Machowicz which claims to be the new KSEV AM 700 morning show. According to the page, "Mack" is a 10 year veteran of the U.S. Navy SEALs, Host and Producer of Discovery and The Military Channel show FUTUREWEAPONS, Host of Spike TV's DEADLIEST WARRIOR, Author of the Bestselling book UNLEASH THE WARRIOR WITHIN and Founder of NDCQ.com The Not Dead Can't Quit Social Network. (Thanks @shawnrbouley)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam Malone is no longer at KSEV AM 700 The Voice according to a Facebook post today:

Officially.... I was let go by the station last Monday. Said they wanted to go in a "different direction". I was never on vacation. Thanks for all the support. I'll be right here on FB with all my friends!!!

A former morning show host on 104.1 KRBE and Mix 96.5 KHMX, Malone clearly still has the star factor after being on the radio here for decades. Why? I started receiving emails from his listeners last Monday about the talk show host not being on the air. I figured he was just on vacation. Then I got more and more tweets and emails asking about his whereabouts.

Malone did confirm to me last week he was not on the air anymore and promised to talk to me this Monday. I waited to post till I heard from him officially. Now that he has come out publicly, I see no reason to wait now.

His former KRBE co-host Maria Todd is now a weekend anchor at News 92FM KROI, but I'm going to say it anyway, let's hear it for a Sam Malone and Maria Todd radio reunion!

At the time of this writing the KSEV website is down, so I have asked the station for a comment by messaging its Facebook page. Will let you know if I hear back from a station representative.

RELATED
- Should Sam Malone have stayed at 104.1 KRBE?
- Sam Malone on 700 KSEV mornings
- Sam Malone is back on KSEV 700
- Hear Houston radio's Sam Malone again
- Sam Malone of KRBE, KHMX talks to Mike McGuff CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here