support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, January 06, 2012

Understand weight loss, calories and MTV through books

I just bought some books that you might be interested in. Anyone who grew up in the 80s and 90s was probably touched by MTV when it was more relevant to the youth. These days the kids "want their YouTube." I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution by Craig Marks and Rob Tannenbaum covers the glory days of the once music network.



I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution

A few years ago I was five minutes too late to meet MTV founder (and later Viacom CEO) Tom Freston...now that would have been cool for me.

The next book covers something MTV was against...fat. Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes attempts to understand weight, separate fact from fiction and help us get rid of it (hopefully). Is Houston still on that stupid list by the way?



Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It

Taubes also wrote Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health. Although this one is more for the 'weight nerds' according to reviews.



Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health (Vintage)

Click through these links and I get a small percentage of the sale. Help a brother out!

RELATED
- Three books you might want to check out with me CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here